Regional Tornado Recovery Resources
The Christian County Chamber of Commerce joins with the entire Western Kentucky region to offer prayers, support, and assistance during this very challenging time. The Chamber recognizes the people of Western Kentucky are a strong, industrious, and persistent type. Our forefathers settled the lands with their hands and hard work. Our recovery efforts will take the same.
The Christian County Chamber of Commerce is partnering with the South Western Kentucky Economic Development Council to be a source of concise and credible information to the business and industry community. It is important we remain committed and to stay connected to those leading efforts of recovery.
Regional Tornado Recovery Resources
- How to apply for a SBA Disaster Assistance Loan:
- KY 17286 Disaster Declaration
- KY 17286 Disaster Loan Assistance Website
- KY 17286 Disaster Loan Assistance Application
- KY 17286 Fact Sheet
- Locations to receive assistance
Businesses and individuals may also obtain information and loan applications by calling the SBA’s Customer Service Center at
Phone number: 1-800-659-2955 (1-800-877-8339 for the deaf and hard-of-hearing)
- American Red CrossMonetary donations can be made through the Red Cross Facebook to support recovery efforts involving the local communities in Christian County including Pembroke and Herndon.
- Salvation Army Monetary donations for Emergency Disaster Services can be made directly to the Salvation Army.
- Kentucky Red Cross Kentucky Red Cross Donate online here: Text REDCROSS to 9099 to give $10 to American Red Cross Disaster Relief: to donate by phone via credit card or to ask questions about donating money to the Red Cross, please call 1-800-HELP NOW (1-800-435-7669)
- Team Western Kentucky Tornado Relief Fund Governor Andy Beshear announced the state has set up a single fund connected with the state that people who want to help can give to it is solely dedicated to helping the on-the-ground efforts and the relief efforts needed to rebuild.
- Kentucky Sports Radio & Kentucky Chamber of Commerce Tornado Relief Fund This fundraising effort is spearheaded to focus specifically on small businesses, local chambers, economic and job recovery aid with immediate crisis relief in mind.
- YMCA is collecting items supporting the Pembroke area. For more information on items needed or questions visit their Facebook page
- Christian County Public Schools is accepting supplies Dec. 13 - 17 to be distributed to regional communities. Check this list for items needed and drop off locations.
- Watch for the many churches, businesses and other organizations who are coordinating efforts throughout the area.
When volunteering after a disaster remember never self-deploy. Make contact through the county Emergency Operations and / or the Kentucky Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster for assignments and to understand where help is needed.
- Christian County (to help in the Pembroke and Herndon areas) – Randy Graham: (270) 887-6253
- Hopkins County (to help in Dawson Springs) – Nick Bailey: (270) 871-7707
- Caldwell County (to help in Princeton) – Joey McCaslin: (270) 365-4658
- VOAD - Kentucky Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (to help in other regions of Kentucky impacted).
- Current needs in Pembroke are to sort items being brought in taking place in Pembroke Baptist gym 4:00 - 8:00 p.m. Tuesday 12/14, Thursday 12/16 & Friday 12/17. Volunteers are encouraged to bring boxes if possible.
There are short supplies throughout west Kentucky and the Western Kentucky Regional Blood Center is encouraging donors to come in. Learn more about where you can donate https://www.wkrbc.org/donate/